THE QUEEREST IN-STORE SIGNING OF THE QUEER
Book Signing by Garbage > JULY 27
Legendary alternative rock band Garbage has written an autobiography – This Is the Noise That Keeps Me Awake – and they’ll be in Toronto in late July. Type Books at 883 Queen Street West is happier than when it rains to announce that we will be the Toronto stop on their book signing tour, the evening of Thursday, July 27, 2017.
The beautifully designed, large-format coffee-table book is bound with an embossed cloth hardcover and finished with a dust jacket. The edges of the text pages, printed on luxurious matte art paper in six colours, are finished with a stunning pink spot colour. This Is the Noise That Keeps Me Awake is a must-have for Garbage fans.
**The store will close at 5 PM on Thursday, July 27 to prepare for the signing. Line will form outside.**
Below are the rules and regulations on how you can be part of this only Toronto Garbage bookstore event:
1) Limited tickets will be available in advance from both Type Books locations (883 Queen Street West and 429 Spadina Avenue), starting Saturday, June 24. Tickets are free, but must be picked up in person, with a maximum of two tickets per person.
2) Tickets are limited to 250. A rush line will be established at the signing on July 27, 2017, should some ticket holders not arrive in person.
3) Ticket holders may have one additional item signed (CD, shirt, etc) with book purchase. (i.e. The book must be one of two items signed.) Books must be purchased at Type Books (for sale price of $55 CDN).
4) The event is an in-store signing. There will be no reading or performances as part of the night's proceedings.
5) Garbage is happy to take a photo with fans at the signing table, but in order to keep the line moving, a Type staff member will take the photos (using your cameras / phones).
6) A line will form outside Type prior to the signing’s 7 PM start. Please follow on-site instructions for the queue.
We hope to see you there! Tickets become available on Saturday, June 24!